Sunday, October 17, 2010

Socks

So I've been neglecting my poor little blog, not to anyone's dismay. September and October have been odd months for me. They've been a lot of fun but have also taught me a lot of things about myself that I thought I already knew. I'm going to be chewing on this for a while. At least I'm aware of how ruthless I am. Not that I had to be. Just potential situations and I how was thinking about responding to them should they arise. Nothing did happen but the thought experiment was rather interesting. Learned a lot and now its time to process all that crap. To chew the psychological cud so to speak.

But that has nothing to do with socks, save that I learned last month that my three week supply of them has some how dwindled to a two week supply. Apparently my washer just recently became a home to a sock monster, either that or we've got two of them living in the dryers. And thinking of socks, I of course thought of something I wrote years ago. Something I can read without grimacing. So I thought I'd share it with whoever the hell is reading this.

My glasses say I'm a Black Honey Optimist
My shirt says I'm a Champion
While my pants tell me I am Divided

My shoes say that I am of the Earth
While my underwear that I Have It My Way
My bra tells me that its Uplifting

And my socks, my socks say nothing
They do not label me in any way
They keep my feet warm

Maybe I'll be label-less like my socks
Maybe I'll choose not wear the labels I'm given
Maybe I'll just wear white socks and nothing else.
At least my feet will be warm.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment